Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Middle Grade Favorites of 2007 . . . so far

I forgot to comment on the fact that I'm creating these lists in response to Mother Reader. I can hardly pass up a list making opportunity, escpecially when it has to do with books.

Umm. . . actually these four are the only middle grade readers that I can remember reading this year. My weakness has been displayed. Now I know what I need to work on in the future. See me resolved to read more books in this category for the rest of the year.

1. The Talented Clementine by Sara Pennypacker - Clementine is my new love, equal to or surpassing my love for Shannon Hale. If you haven't found the time to read either of the first two Clementine books yet, I strongly suggest you do.

2. The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies

3. No Talking by Andrew Clements

4. Eggs by Jerry Spinelli

Not only have I not read many of these, but I'm also suddenly lacking any ability to comment on books. I'll blame it on the cold.

No comments: