Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Five

How is it possibly Friday again already? It was a busy day that begin with preschool story time, contained a book discussion club and ended reading stories to Nancy. So for this list I present five books I've never shared with a child before.


1. Here are My Hands by Bill Martin
This was great for the mixed bag of kids I had this morning. I'm stumbling on some great older books I didn't know before.

2. Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney
This was a hit with the parents, but the kids were mostly too young for it. I'll try again with a less mixed group.

3. John, Paul, George and Ben by Lane Smith
It's hard to believe I haven't used this with kids yet, since I love it. They loved it, but didn't get half of it, even with explanations.

4. Flyaway Katie by Polly Dunbar
I just learned about this book and I adore it. I'm going to have to expound on it soon.

5. Chicken Chasing Queen of Lamar County by Janice N. Harrington
I've been eagerly awaiting a chance to share this book one on one, as it is too long for most story time opportunities. My sister and Nancy both enjoyed it, but I'll leave this title for a more in depth discussion.

No comments: