Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rise Up Reading - Children's Book Week

As part of Children's Book Week we've utilized our new display space to show off some of our favorites. We've decorated it with pictures of ourselves and our favorite things, but of course the centerpiece is all the lovely books. It makes me ridiculously happy to see Clementine sitting next to Alexander, Ramona and David. I can imagine a playground somewhere with Ramona and Clementine playing together. Maybe Alexander would join them or be moping off to the side. David would be running in circles or doing flips off the swings.
Also, the books have been flying off the shelves.

We've invited children to add their own books to the shelf. Today I got my first request, If You Give a Pig a Party. This is why I get such a kick out of favorites lists. Though a fun book, I would never put If You Give a Pig a Party on a list of my favorites, but this little girl loved it enough to want to put it on display.

No comments: