Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Toddler Time Closing Session

I wish I had more time scheduled with the kids. Just this week did they really feel at home and comfortable with me. I did stretch the program by adding more music and a craft. Now, I wouldn't normally do a craft with toddlers, but caved to the enormous pressure I was feeling. It was a simple gluing project to piece together a bear puppet. The stuffed animals were more successful than they have been in the past. As always, the bubbles were the favorite.

This program wore me out, or maybe it's the lingering cold. Either way I can't seem to focus critically on the toddler time series.

Opening Song: Let’s All Clap . . .
Song: Shake your Sillies Out
Rhyme: Jump, Jump, Jump
Flannel: 3 Bears
Book: The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood
Song: "Going to the Zoo" by Raffi on Singable Songs for the Very Young
Book: Where’s My Teddy? by Jez Alborough
Book: Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin
Music and bubbles
"Willoughby Wallyby Woo" by Raffi on Singable Songs for the Very Young
"I’m Different" by Butterfly Boucher on For the Kids Too!
"If You’re Happy and You Know It" by Raffi on Let's Play
"Teddy Bear Hug" by Raffi on Everything Grows

No comments: