Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Shelving Meme from Little Willow

Book meme ganked from Little Willow. Some answers are entirely inaccurate, because I have many boxes of books still in my parents attic. *blushes*

1. How do you organize your books? By genre, by last name, by title, by publication date?
Well, as I actually mentioned in my last post, it used to be by genre and is now by author's last name. Except, I do have separate sections for picture books, graphic novels and books I haven't gotten around to reading yet, but will probably get rid of when I do.

2. Do you have a shelf reserved for your favorite books and/or authors?
Used to, in the old shelving system.

3. What is the first title and author on your bookshelf?
Out of Sight Out of Mind by Chester Aaron - Scary, scary book, at least the way I remember it.

4. What is the last title and author on your bookshelf?
The Pigman by Paul Zindel - One of my absolute favorites from middle school.

5. What genre dominates your collection?
Fantasy. I have a lot of YA, in fact it's probably mostly YA, but I don't consider that a genre, more of a marketing group.

6. Which author is the most represented? (You own the most number of books by . . . )
Um, probably Robert Jordan, if only due to the length of the series.

7. You own all of the books written by . . .
I think I have all the books by Joan Slonczewski, except I don't have her biology textbook, so maybe that doesn't count. Also Shakespeare, JK Rowling, Terry Goodkind,

8. You own the entire series of . . .
All the series that I have are still being written (Harry Potter, Sword of Truth, Wheel of Time), but I have every volume so far.

2 comments:

Little Willow said...

Thanks for playing along!

Kristen - 2ndgenlibrarian said...

You're welcome. Thanks for making something to play along with!