I missed last Friday thanks to my high school reunion. (I won't go into why I'm late this Friday.) So, in honor of high school, here are five of my favorite books and five favorite movies/shows about the high school experience.
1. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
2. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - I include this because it is my favorite example of boarding school, closest to my experience. Minus the magic and near fatal incidents, of course.
3. My Heartbeat by Garret Freymann-Weyr
4. The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga
5. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
1. Dawson's Creek
2. Veronica Mars
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the early years)
4. Dead Poet's Society
5. Gilmore Girls (the early years)