Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm Baaa-aack!

Ok, so it's really difficult to convey a sing-song tone of voice in print, without actually saying such.

Vacation was wonderful, despite a fridge emergency which still hasn't been resolved. (Let's just say a certain appliance retailer isn't looking for my business in the future.) I managed to get through a handful of ARCs between loading and unloading a moving truck and other various new home activities. Reviews to come.

What's the first thing I do when I get back to work? Check my email. I had four of those pesky "over limit" emails, sitting right on top. Below that a string of emails about fall programming and conference reimbursement and all of them needing nearly immediate follow up. Remember what I said about being busy a few posts back?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I actually relish a busy schedule. But the transition from lying on the beach with a good book to feverishly fielding calls and answering emails, like all transitions, can be overwhelming. So I'm off, brain percolating, fingers at the ready, to catch up.

No comments: