Friday, August 3, 2007

Friday Five

I can't quite believe it's Friday again already. This week I've . . .

1. Tried to read Stardust before going to see a special screening of the movie last night. I didn't get very far. But now that I've seen the movie, I'm going to give the book another shot. While I love the idea and plots of Neil Gaiman books, I don't actually love the books themselves.

2. Read half of No Talking, which I'm planning on finishing this afternoon. I'm liking it, but not loving it. The narration has the tone of a nature show narrator. I reserve all judgement til I've actually finished the book.

3. Read half of Improving Your Storytelling (American Storytelling). This takes quite a bit of concentration, just reading the book. It's ahead of where I'm at in storytelling, but I like the challenge it presents.

4. Shared my galley of Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity with coworkers (I finally got it unpacked) and gained a better appreciation for it. Unfortunately, I think I now have to change the way I read Knuffle Bunny.

5. Helped a coworker who isn't familiar with programming for younger kids start exploring picture books. Oh, so much fun!




And the week's not over! Woo hoo!

No comments: