Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Jinx, Meg Cabot

Sometimes I actually get around to reading all the things in my Google reader back log, or at least I click on them so they're no longer bold, mocking me for my lack of blog reading time. At any rate, I managed to catch Meg Cabot's post yesterday, Meg Cabot Day.There are at least three things I wanted to respond to in this post.

First, like Meg (Ms. Cabot, what's more appropriate?), I am a Hoosier, or at least a part of me is, and I love Bloomington. I get a little thrill every time it is mentioned, remembering good times there. There's this great little Tibetan restaurant . . . but I digress.

Second, also like Ms. Cabot, one of my favorite books is The Witch of Blackbird Pond. I loved it, and still do, for the adventure and the fact that a Quaker character could be found in it's pages.


And lastly, I had to stand in line just to pick up the galley of Jinx. I was lucky enough to meet up with some librarians who had the skinny on this book, when I hadn't even heard of it. ARCs were set to be handed out at 1:00, so with a bit of time to kill, we arrived at the book at about 20 til. Luckily we did, because I line quickly formed behind us. It was one of the first of the ARCs I got around to reading. As with most Meg Cabot books, I sped through it, enjoying nearly every second. I won't do a summary because she has, and I'm not doing a fuller review, because it's been too long since I read it. Jinx is not subtle and is fairly predictable, but that doesn't mean it isn't a fun read.

No comments: