It looks there's another round of the CJRLC Tech Challenge. (The first one inspired me to start this blog.) I had to do a bit of poking around to find the new challenges. I'm excited that there are some new skillsets on here and am looking forward to expanding. Podcasting, here I come. Well, once I figure out what I want to say.
1. Register with Blogger another service, or WordPress and set up a blog, or use the blog you created before.
Post about joining Tech Challenge 2 and post once a week (or more!) for at least a month.
2. Check out some photo-editing programs.
Picnik (http://www.picnik.com/) and Fauxto (http://www.fauxto.com/) are two good ones. Use one, or find your own, and edit some photos.
Link to your photos or embed them on your blog, & blog your experience. (Showing before and after photos might be cool!)
3. Discover podcasting.
Create and post a podcast of your own, or link to it from your blog - OR - find some info on podcasting (http://podcasts.yahoo.com/start) and post about what libraries are doing with it, or your own ideas.
4. Learn about microblogging. - Watch for a workshop on this!
Check out Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/) and Jaiku (http://www.jaiku.com/) and blog.
5. Do at least one of the following and share it with someone else:
Select something from Web 2.0 Awards (http://www.seomoz.org/web2.0), explore & blog it.
Check out YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/) and find a video worth adding to your blog.
Mashups (http://www.flickr.com/services/) play with some and post on your blog.
Learn about wikis (http://meredith.wolfwater.com/cil06/) and blog about it.
6. Step into Social Networking - Watch for information and a workshop on this!