Thursday, October 11, 2007

KidLitoSphere Conference

After a crisis in lodging arrangements and almost deciding not to go to Chicago I was up bright and early Friday morning - so early it wasn't even bright yet - and headed to the airport. I've flown a lot but I've never been quite so impressed with the clouds. There were great mountain ranges of clouds over Lake Michigan.

Anyway, skip to Saturday morning when I was still dragging from having to be up so early Friday. After six cups of coffee I felt slightly more human and only slightly less amazed by the company. 60 or 70 some bloggers, librarians, authors, parents, podcasters and readers were gathered around a large rectangle of tables. The business of the day was split into several loosely defined topics, each with it's own hour for discussion and moderated by blogger. All around it was a intriguing, inspiring and overwhelming day.

I fully intended to spend Saturday looking over my notes and reflecting. Well, you know what they say about good intentions. Now, here it is Thursday and I've still to follow up. I now expect to slowly digest my thoughts and hopefully you'll be seeing the results here.

Things I'm thinking about:
  1. Why do I blog?
  2. What do I want this blog to look like?
  3. How do I fit into the KidLitoSphere?
  4. How do I become a better blogger and fit that greater effort into my routine?

No comments: