Friday, December 7, 2007

The Friday Five - Snow

I got a letter all about sledding from my Midwest family. When I don't have to drive in it, I miss deep snows. At least there are lots of great books and songs all about snow. Some of my favorites are:

1. Snowball Fight by Jimmy Fallon, illustrated by Adam Stower
Fun rhymes, quirky illustrations and lots and lots of snow!

2. Millions of Snowflakes by Mary McKenna Siddals, illustrated by Elizabeth Sayles
This is a soft, quiet book (just like snow) with beautiful illustrations.

3. Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner, illustrated by Mark Buehner
Reminiscent of The Snowman by Raymond Briggs, only easier to share with a group and funny!

4. Under My Hood I Have a Hat by Karla Kuskin, illustrated by Fumi Kosaka
Kids never seem to get the joke at the end, but they still like helping tell the story of a little girl getting bundled up.

5. "Let's Play in the Snow" and "The Mitten Song" from Sing a Song of Seasons by Rachel Buchman
Even if there's not enough snow to play in, I can pretend there is with these catchy songs. (Warning: they might get stuck in your head for days.)

No comments: