Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wall*E

What a great film for visual storytelling. The whole time I was thinking about how we read wordless books and trying to compare that to the processes needed to view the movie. I found myself far more engrossed than I have been for any other recent movie.

Wow, I really have become an awful blogger, in that I started this post more than 2 months ago. 2 months! At any rate, I look forward to seeing the movie again once it is on DVD and finding out how it holds up to a second viewing.

I still clearly remember a little boy about 5 saying he like Wall*E better than some other movie he'd just seen. (No, I don't recall what the other movie was, just that it was some schlock kiddie movie.) And his parents were surprised.

I want to go to the theater and hand out pamphlets "If your child liked [insert movie title], she might like [insert book list]."

No comments: