Monday, August 18, 2008

Summer - It is Almost Over

Summer has gone by at such a clip I can scarce remember any of it. What were those programs I did back in June? Forget June, last week is tricky to remember. It certainly didn't help that I was away for two weeks. Though that did wonders for my sanity.

We had our annual summer reading wrap up Friday evening with the usual make your own sundae bar. This year we had an excellent concert - very interactive. Turn out was lower than expected, probably partly due to rain and partly cause the ice cream part wasn't promoted. Though we've had the wrap up party, we've still got two more weeks of summer programming before the slightly slower pace of fall sets in.

With that slightly slower pace I hope to get back in the habit of blogging. I'd like to reflect on the summer programming and some upcoming events. First up in October is the National Storytelling Festival.

No comments: