Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Perfect Pair : Emma-Jean and Zoe Elias

Ok, so the main characters of Emma Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree by Lauren Tarshis (Why, why, why did I not pick up this book earlier? Why didn't somebody sit me down and say "you have to read this"?) and A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban do not live in the same world, are not the same age, and actually don't have much in common. However, I found these to be perfect co-reads.

Both books are utterly charming. Small, beautiful stories that now top my favorite list for 2007. Both are emotionally true and realistic tales. As I finished both, particularly Emma-Jean, I longed to see them as high schoolers and adults. I think they would both grow up to be wonderful people.

Because I haven't been able to find adequate words of my own, I offer a pair of reviews for Crooked Kind of Perfect and one for Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree.

No comments: